There’s lots going on in the village of Blackdown this summer. Check out the list of summer (and later) events and church services.
Saturday 31st August 18:00 in the Village Hall
The WI Flower show in our village hall showcases flowers, produce, preserves, baking, and crafts. Entry forms are available at Kittwhistle Garage, entries to Jane Rudkin by 27th August. Please have a go.
Saturday 14th Sept 10:30 at Blackdown Church
In aid of our Church & Dorset Historic Churches Trust. We hope you will join us at Blackdown Church. If you would like to donate cakes, produce or other items please bring them along. There will be a display of local history, a chance to discover more. The date coincides with the DHCT Ride & Stride fundraiser where you are offered the chance to walk, cycle, or ride around our local churches to raise funds.
Saturday 19th October 19:30 in the Village Hall
Our Annual harvest Supper is a chance for us all to meet and celebrate. With Ham and Turkey, and a feast of homemade puddings, followed by music, and dancing. Tickets are available from Philip to reserve your seat.
For any information on these events please contact Philip 01460 30661 or 30517.
- 11th August 19:00 – Lammas Eucharist CW
- 22nd September 19:00 – Songs of Praise, Family Service
- 19th October 19:30 – Harvest Supper in Village Hall
- 20th October 18:00 – Harvest Festival
- 10th November 10:30 – Service of Remembrance
- 30th November 14:30 – Christingle Making @ Pipe House
- 1st December 16:00 – Christingle Service
- 24th December 18:00 – Carols and Readings
Refreshments Served after all services except Remembrance.