The Beaminster Area Team
From the Hub update 23rd July 2021
Following the lifting of lockdown restrictions last Monday, my observations at this early stage are that many people are continuing to observe many of the rules we have been living by. The updated guidance from the National Church contains most of what was expected but is clear that the responsibility, including legal responsibilities for any changes and their consequences, lie solely with the Incumbent and PCCs so my advice to you all remains as outlined last week but with some additions.
- Please continue to sanitise your hands on entering the church and after any contact with someone else.
- Please continue to wear your mask whilst moving around in church but if you wish, remove it whilst the services are in progress.
- During periods of singing please respect those who see this as an unnecessary risk of spreading the infection through droplet transmission. You may consider continuing to sing wearing your masks.
- We will continue to receive communion in one kind only for the present time. I will consult with CWs again in August on this to gauge congregations’ feelings.
- As we are continuing to display the track and trace QI codes we are required to continue recording the paper form of contacts for the present time.
Thank you for your continued support at this time.
Online Worship at Home video services continue even though churches are open. The online community continues to be an important part of our church. As usual each Sunday’s video service will be available on the day before. There are weekly videos for children and schools. We hope you continue to enjoy our weekly Rev Chat podcast. And places are available for Monday’s baby and toddler group. You may be interested in joining us for a performance by the Keld Ensemble at St Mary’s Beaminster.