The Beaminster Area Team
From the Hub update March 4th 2022
As we enter Lent I just want to update you with the Lent Courses that are available for you to join.
- Barbara Simmonds and I will be running a group on Tuesday afternoons in St Mary’s Beaminster 2pm-3.30pm.
- Jacky Bush will lead a course in Netherbury on Thursday evenings.
- Fiona is leading a group in Mosterton on Friday mornings.
- I understand that there will be a group in Broadwindsor but I have no further information, so you may like to speak to Jo about this.
- There is also a group in Drimpton being run by Dermott Stack.
If you would like further information on these please contact the group leaders. Please note Fiona received no enquiries about the online course so this is not taking place.
There is also an online diocesan resource for Lent.
I have been asked about what provision there is for donating goods to help the Ukrainian refugee situation and we are putting advice on the website and Facebook platforms. It appears that this is being coordinated by the Polish Community in Bournemouth with local collecting points in Bridport. There are quite specific requests for what is needed so please do look at the website post to help you.
I would strongly advise that a good way of helping is through the DEC appeal for financial donations which can be made online or through banks and Post Offices.
Online Worship at Home video services continue even though churches are open. The online community continues to be an important part of our church – such as Thursday Evening Prayers and our increasingly popular Gin Church. As usual each Sunday’s video service will be available on the day before. We hope you continue to enjoy our weekly Rev Chat video. And in person in Beaminster you can join us for Baby & Toddler Group on Monday mornings and our Walk In Wednesday social gathering on Wednesday mornings.