This Sunday’s Services
Here are the services for Sunday 15th December – 3rd Sunday of Advent, across the Beaminster team. We hope you can join us.
Broadwindsor: 15:30 Carol Service
Blackdown: Join Broadwindsor
Burstock: 11:00 Eucharist (BCP)
Drimpton: 09:30 Eucharist
Salway Ash: 11:00 Eucharist
Seaborough: Join Broadwindsor or Drimpton
Stoke Abbott: 18:30 Carol Service
Beaminster: 08:00 Eucharist (BCP)
Beaminster: 09:30 Eucharist
Hooke: 11:00 Eucharist
Melplash: Join Netherbury
Mosterton: 15:30 Evening Prayer (BCP)
Netherbury: 09:30 Open Worship
South Perrott: 11:00 Parish Worship
Toller Porcorum: 09:30 Eucharist
You’ll find the address and a map link for each of our venues on the Our Churches page.
Please do remember service times can be subject to change or cancellation.
Understanding Our Services
- Eucharist: Service where we share bread and wine together using words from Common Worship, the service in modern language.
- Eucharist (Book of Common Prayer): Service where we share bread and wine together using words from the Book of Common Prayer, traditional language from the 17th century.
- Village Praise, Family Service or Open Worship: Shorter service with hymns, bible readings, and prayer but no bread and wine.
- Matins: Morning Prayer from the Book of Common Prayer using traditional language from the 17th century. Parts of the service may be sung by the congregation or choir. No bread and wine.
- Evensong: Evening Prayer from the Book of Common Prayer using traditional language from the 17th century. Parts of the service may be sung by the congregation. No bread and wine.
- Evening Prayer: Spoken service from the Book of Common prayer using traditional language from the 17th century.
- 10.15@Salway Ash: Service where we share bread and wine together, suitable for all ages using modern language. Activities for children start before the service at 10.15 am and coffee and pastries are served. The worship service starts at 11 am.
- United Service: Service with the Methodist and Anglican congregations joining together to share hymns, bible readings, and prayers. No bread and wine.
- Healing service: Short service with words from the Iona Community. There are times of silence and opportunities to pray for healing. Anointing and personal prayer is available.