If you have a safeguarding issue then please contact our local safeguarding officers for the team (Barbara Simmonds on 01308 863366 or Liz Brown on 01308 488216 or both via firstname.lastname@example.org) or the Team Rector Rev David Baldwin (01308 862150 / email@example.com).
If you want to speak to the Diocesan safeguarding team or someone outside the church then you’ll find the Salisbury Diocese safeguarding contacts via this link to the Salisbury diocese web page.
The Diocesan Safety Officers are: Suzy Futcher: From 9am-9pm on Mondays and Tuesdays and from 9am until 12pm on a Wednesday (via mob 07500 664800 / firstname.lastname@example.org). Jem (Jeremy) Carter: From 12pm until 5pm on Wednesdays, and 9am-5pm on Thursdays and Fridays. He is also available on an on call basis until 9pm on Wednesday and Thursday evenings (via mobile 07469 857888 / email@example.com).
An external Safeguarding service provider thirtyone:eight provides out of hours cover from 5pm on a Friday until 8am the following Monday – Tel 0303 0031111 (24/7).
You may wish to contact ChildLine – via its website www.childline.org.uk/ or freephone number 0800 1111.
There is also a new 24-hour nationwide telephone helpline for Church of England child protection matters run by the NSPCC – 0800 80 20 20.
Beaminster Area Team Ministry Churches
SAFEGUARDING POLICY PROMOTING A SAFER CHURCH
In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy our churches are committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
The Parishes will:
- Create a safe and caring place for all.
- Have a named Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO) to work with the incumbent and the PCC to implement policy and procedures.
- Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
- Ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish.
- Display in church premises and on the Parish website the details of who to contact if there are safeguarding concerns or support needs.
- Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
- Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of Bishops guidance, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) and statutory agencies immediately.
- Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred.
- Care for and monitor any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties.
- Ensure that health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments are in place and that these are reviewed annually.
- Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practices at least annually.
Each person who works within these church communities will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by the Beaminster Team of churches.